We do it all here at Jake's and are motivated to consistently grow a family farm, company and brand that is trusted by many. The beauty of a small company is being able to exert your talents throughout many different industries. Our team works with agriculture, technology, communications, supply, logistics, finance, food and more. We want to work alongside people who are creative, intelligent, and earnest to create their own meaningful path in this life.
Location: Travel to Farmers Markets in IL, Warehouse located in Cassopolis, MI
Hire Date: May-October
Status: Full-time and Part-time
Jake’s Country Meats is a 7th generation family farm and business created to make lasting connections within the local food industry. We direct-market all of our regeneratively grown products through farmers markets, retail stores, restaurants, institutions, and more. We are looking for people to join our team to develop their own talents and create a meaningful way of life within various industries, without losing site of the simplicity of farm life and the importance of connecting with others.
The Travel Market Sales Team works outdoors daily, so you'll never grow tired of the atmosphere and stay active during your daily life.
1. Safe, reliable transportation of Jake’s Country Meats products to customers using JCM vehicles.
2. Set-up a retail-ready space outdoors to encourage an attractive shopping experience.
3. Communicate effectively with customers, creating lasting connections and regular attendance.
4. Guide the customer towards purchasing products, offer cooking advice, relate the purchase back to the production at the farm.
5. Create a familiar, simple and seamless check-out experience for each person by calculating order totals and accepting different forms of payment.
6. Daily set-up and tear down of pop-up retail shop, including tents and weights.
7. Properly manage inventory or storage of products at required temperatures for safe food handling.
Farmer's Markets are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Flexible scheduling is possible. Full-time is encouraged. Daily hours are 12-14 hours per market day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.