This recipe comes from our friend Bill Nolan at Nolan Hospitality.
- 2 Jake’s Country Meats Chicken Quarters (Breast and Wing)
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 cup turkey or chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Thaw chicken in the refrigerator overnight or under cold running water.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat.
- In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook until brown all over (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add carrot, onion, and celery and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are soft and golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, and tomato paste and cook for about 30 more seconds, to bring out the aromas.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, and wine and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken back into the pan and make sure it is submerged at least halfway (if not, add more stock). Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Place in oven for about 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Combine all gremolata ingredients and sprinkle over chicken before serving.