Grilled Pork Loin and Pineapple Kabobs:
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. This will be the marinade for the kabobs.
- Place the pork loin cubes in a separate bowl or a zip-top bag. Pour half of the marinade over the pork loin and toss until the meat is well coated. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting.
- Thread the marinated pork loin, pineapple chunks, red bell pepper, and red onion onto skewers, alternating between ingredients.
- Place the kabobs on the preheated grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste the kabobs with the reserved marinade during grilling.
- Grill until the pork is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) for medium doneness.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute.
- Serve the grilled pork loin and pineapple kabobs hot and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other vegetables or seasonings of your choice. Enjoy the delightful combination of juicy pork loin and caramelized pineapple in every bite!
There are numerous kabob combinations you can try to create delicious and flavorful meals. Here are some ideas:
- Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into cubes, and alternate them on skewers with colorful vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and onions. Marinate the chicken in a blend of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and your favorite herbs.
- Beef and Mushroom Kabobs: Combine tender beef cubes, such as sirloin or ribeye, with marinated mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and red onions. For the marinade, you can use soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and a touch of honey or brown sugar.
- Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs: Skewer large peeled and deveined shrimp along with pineapple chunks, bell peppers, and red onions. Create a marinade using a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, and a pinch of chili flakes for a hint of spice.
- Veggie Medley Kabobs: For a vegetarian option, create a colorful medley of vegetables on skewers. Combine cherry tomatoes, zucchini slices, mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, and chunks of eggplant. Toss the veggies in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and your favorite herbs.
- Lamb and Mediterranean Veggie Kabobs: Use tender lamb pieces, marinated with a blend of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and paprika. Alternate the lamb with Mediterranean vegetables like cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers, red onions, and olives for a burst of Mediterranean flavors.