- 1 package of your favorite Jake's Bacon (Hickory, Applewood, or Raspberry Chipotle)
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, ensuring it covers the entire surface.
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer on the parchment paper, making sure they don't overlap if possible.
- Place the baking sheet with the bacon in the cold oven. This allows the fat to render properly.
- Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pork fat has a smoke point of around 400 degrees, so we want to avoid that when possible.
- Allow the bacon to cook for about 12 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet 180 degrees to ensure even cooking.
- Continue baking for another 10-12 minutes, or until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Look for small bubbles as the moisture escapes from the fat, you are almost there! (See below)
- Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Place the baking sheet at an angle so the fat drains to one side, use a fork to move the bacon out of the fat.
- Let the bacon cool for a few minutes before serving.
Pro-tip: Remember to save the rendered bacon fat for later use in cooking, as it adds incredible flavor to various dishes.